Welcome to my yoga sanctuary. This is a space where you can cultivate a well lived life through Yoga and Ayurveda Restorative Practices.
About me and the way I work
In the Yoga I share, I teach others how to find and use their own tools such as awareness of movement, breath, sensation and thought to move beyond this denser place of mental clutter, belief, judgment and opinion to a deeper, more peaceful and lighter sense of ‘I’. It is from this place where we learn to navigate through our personal selves in a more authentic way, birthing our ‘Yes’, and generously sharing this authenticity in our community.
Generally, there are three ways to work with me through my yoga sanctuary:
Restorative Practices Class Members Series Schedule:
Monday 11am-12:30pm – Level 2 Active/Restorative
Tuesday 11am-12:30pm – Level 1 Restorative/Therapeutic
Tuesday 5:30-7pm – Level 2 Yin/Restorative
Wednesday 11am – Online Yoga Practices Live
Thursday 5:30-7pm – Level 1 Back Care/Therapeutic
Friday 11am-12:30pm – Level 1 Active/Chair
Saturdays 11am-1:00pm – Radical Self Care monthly workshops
included (free) for class members late fall series only. $30 drop-in.
Dates: November 23, December 21, 28 and January 4
How It Works and the fine print:
- First, pick the class series that suits you best. For instance, Tuesdays 11am. Then that is your class for that series. If you miss a class, there are options to make it up at a similar style class or on the weekend. I run about 6 series per year with a one+ week break between the series. This is not an “all you can yoga” flat fee. You are purchasing one class in the series with an option to make up in a different class if needed. Some people will purchase two or more classes.
- The next series (Winter) is 6 weeks long for the months starting January 13 through February 21. The rate is $95.40 per class series. Note: This is the same pricing structure I’ve used for two years.
- I do limit class sizes to between 10-15 total, depending on the class. I do not foresee the class size growing much past 15 in the future. And I do not plan to teach more than 5-6 classes per week.
- If I must cancel classes due to weather, illness or other unforeseen circumstances, a make-up is now only offered by taking another class within the series or attending the Radical Self Care workshops offered 1-3 times per month. There may be rare exceptions to this depending on circumstances (yours or mine). Rest easy, cancellations rarely happen. I will try for a substitute teacher if it can be arranged. For inclement weather, I always go with Cabell County Schools. I call delays case by case. In the event of class cancellations, I send an email, post on Facebook and update the public calendar at www.jennbrooksyoga.com/calendar. Unless there is an extreme situation, you can count on these three modes of communication.
- Current class members may enjoy the Online Yoga Practices Group for free.
- Current class members ONLY are offered a 10% discount for early registration (December 20). There will be no refunds unless someone is able to take your place.
- After the early sign up for current class members, the class slots will be first come first served starting with wait list then general public. Please take note of this. This comes after careful consideration and after many, many times people signing up for class and then at the last minute deciding not to take the class. This is no longer an option. You are in the class when payment is received by me, assuming there is room left in the class.
- As before Level 1 clients can make up during Level 1 classes only within the series. Level 2 can make up within any class during the series.
- A deposit of $25 is required for the wait list for the next series for non class members. Upon acceptance, the balance will be due within 7 days and after that it will be offered to the next person on the list. No refunds on deposits unless the class is full and I cannot get you in. If that is the case, you may request to carry it over to the next series. Only pay deposit if you are certain you want in on the next series.
- I’m introducing discounts for continuing class members. If you prepay by my designated date, you may have a 10% discount. The designated date to prepay for the Winter Series is December 20, 2019. This is for members of the current Late Fall Series only.
- If you are taking two or more class series or you have two people in the same household taking a class, you may also have an additional 10% discount. If you prepay by December 20th, this means you may have a 20% discount. If you are two people in the same household taking two or more classes, you may have a 30% discount if you prepay. Message me if you have questions about discounts.
Weekly Class Series Descriptions
Level 1 – Back Care/Therapeutic, Restorative/Therapeutic, Active/Chair: Level 1 is a more accessible class for those with mobility issues or who prefer a more gentle and relaxing style of yoga. These classes generally start with a centering meditation, gentle movement for joint mobility and then move into the active practice. In the Friday class, we use a chair for part of the class for seated poses as well as standing poses. In the Back Care class, you are welcome to use a chair if you wish as an option. In Thursday’s back care class, we will focus on caring for the back by understanding the structure of the back, strengthening the musculature and working with awareness. In the Restorative/Therapeutic classes on Tuesday, you can expect a deeper practice with long-hold restorative yoga poses using bolsters and blankets. These poses support gentle opening and deep relaxation.
Level 2: These classes starts seated with gentle, warm-up style movement to release fascia, mobilize the joints and movement in a present and embodied way. Classes may include long hold yin yoga poses, use of tennis balls and foam rollers, and complex restorative pose setup. You will need to have joint mobility and able to work with a variety of props for pose setups. Embodied Movement refers to moving mindfully, slowly, from a place of deep awareness and skill – the journey of the pose is the point, not the final pose or stretch. I generally alternate between an active/strengthening yang class one week and a reclined/seated yin class the following week.
Group Class Series and Teacher Training: $10/hour base rate
Drop-in rates: $15/teaching hour base rate (Radical Self Care, events and retreats)
Private Sessions $125/hour: Pose Alignment, Nervous System Reset, Reiki, Ayurveda, Coaching
Foundational Yoga Training members: In 2020, you’ll have other options so stay tuned.
Message me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or questions.