Welcome to my yoga sanctuary. This is a space where you can cultivate a well lived life through restorative and rejuvenation practices that the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda and Yoga offers.
Currently, I am not teaching in person group classes. However, you can still work with me online via online. I offer online yoga and meditation virtual gatherings> Online Yoga Practices, wellness gatherings> Ayurveda Rejuvenation Program as well as the ability to mentor with me> Holistic Solopreneur.
Weekday Resets to peace and ease (free): Each weekday at 8am, 12:45pm and 7pm, join me and a global community with these very short practices geared towards peace and ease so we can move freely into our daily or evening activities. All you need to do is click this Zoom web link at the appropriate time to join: https://zoom.us/j/719648149
If you don’t want to miss a spontaneous offering, be sure to sign up for my newsletter and follow me on Facebook. Message me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or questions.
Donations for any free offerings I make, including weekday resets, time-out sessions for wellness practitioners who need time to resource (therapists, teachers, medical professionals, etc.). You can donate to underwrite those who cannot pay, if you so choose. Any amount helps me pay rent and other business expenses while not able to teach in person.
About me and the way I work
In the Yoga I share, I teach others how to find and use their own tools such as awareness of movement, breath, sensation and thought to move beyond this denser place of mental clutter, belief, judgment and opinion to a deeper, more peaceful and lighter sense of ‘I’. It is from this place where we learn to navigate through our personal selves in a more authentic way, birthing our ‘Yes’, and generously sharing this authenticity in our community.
Weekly Class Series : ALL CLASSES ON HOLD INDEFINITELY
Monday 11am-12:30pm – Level 2 Active/Restorative
Tuesday 11am-12:30pm – Level 1 Restorative/Therapeutic – FULL – WAITLIST ONLY
Friday 11am-12:30pm – Level 1 Active/Chair – FULL – WAITLIST ONLY
Tuesday 5:30-7pm – Level 2 Yin/Restorative
Thursday 5:30-7pm – Level 1 Gentle Yoga & Meditation ONE SPOT LEFT
How It Works and the fine print:
- First, pick the class series that suits you best. For instance, Tuesdays 11am. Then that is your class for that series. If you miss a class, there are options to make it up at a similar style class or on the weekend. I run about 6 series per year with a one+ week break between the series. This is not an “all you can yoga” flat fee. You are purchasing one class in the series with an option to make up in a different class if needed. Some people will purchase two or more classes.
- The next series (Early Spring) is 7 weeks long for the weeks of March 9 through April 24. The rate is $111.30 per class series.
- I do limit class sizes to between 10-15 total, depending on the class. I do not foresee the class size growing much past 15 in the future. And I do not plan to teach more than 5 classes per week.
- If I must cancel classes due to weather, illness or other unforeseen circumstances, a make-up is offered by taking another class within the series or attending the Radical Self Care workshops offered monthly. There may be rare exceptions to this depending on circumstances (yours or mine). Rest easy, cancellations rarely happen. For inclement weather, I always go with Cabell County Schools. I call delays case by case. In the event of class cancellations, I send an email, post on Facebook and update the public calendar at www.jennbrooksyoga.com/calendar. Unless there is an extreme situation, you can count on these three modes of communication.
- Current class series members may enjoy the Online Yoga Practices Group for free.
- Level 1 clients can make up during Level 1 classes only within the series. Level 2 can make up within any class during the series.
- Continuing class member discounts: If you prepay by my designated date, you may enjoy a 10% discount. The designated date to prepay for the Early Spring Series is February 21, 2019. There will be no refunds unless someone is able to take your place.
- Continuing class members have first dibs at keeping their class spot until the prepay deadline, then it will be offered to the waitlist for full classes or offered to my client base. First one to pay gets the open spot. This is for fairness to all, including me.
- If you are taking two or more class series or you have two people in the same household taking a class, you may also have an additional 10% discount. If you prepay by February 21st, this means you may have a 20% discount. If you are two people in the same household taking two or more classes, you may have a 30% discount if you prepay. Message me if you have questions about discounts.
- A deposit of $25 is required for the wait list for the next series for non class members. Upon acceptance into the class, the balance will be due within 7 days and after that it will be offered to the next person on the list. No refunds on deposits unless the class is full and I cannot get you in. If that is the case, you may request to carry it over to the next series. Only pay deposit if you are certain you want in on the next series.
Weekly Class Series Descriptions
Level 1 – Gentle Beginner & Meditation, Restorative/Therapeutic, Active/Chair: Level 1 is a more accessible class for those with mobility issues or who prefer a more gentle and relaxing style of yoga. These classes generally start with a centering meditation, gentle movement for joint mobility and then move into the active practice. In the Friday class, we use a chair for part of the class for seated poses as well as standing poses. In the Gentle Yoga & Meditation class, you are welcome to use a chair if you wish as an option. In Thursday’s class, we will focus on caring for the back by understanding the structure of the back, strengthening the musculature and working with awareness. In the Restorative/Therapeutic classes on Tuesday, you can expect a deeper practice with long-hold restorative yoga poses using bolsters and blankets. These poses support gentle opening and deep relaxation.
Level 2: These classes starts seated with gentle, warm-up style movement to release fascia, mobilize the joints and movement in a present and embodied way. Classes may include long hold yin yoga poses, use of tennis balls and foam rollers, and complex restorative pose setup. You will need to have joint mobility and able to work with a variety of props for pose setups. Embodied Movement refers to moving mindfully, slowly, from a place of deep awareness and skill – the journey of the pose is the point, not the final pose or stretch. I generally alternate between an active/strengthening yang class one week and a reclined/seated yin class the following week.
Group Class Series and Teacher Training: $10/hour base rate
Drop-in rates: $15/teaching hour base rate (Radical Self Care, events and retreats)
Private Sessions $125/hour: Pose Alignment, Nervous System Reset, Reiki, Ayurveda, Coaching.