Start your journey to greater learning in this 200-hour, level 1 training program!
This program is designed to help you deepen both your personal yoga practice and understanding of the 8 limb system of yoga. In addition, it provides you with the tools, techniques, and experience to begin teaching, should that be your calling.
The following information is for all level 1 program participants to know and consider:
You will receive two manuals at the beginning of the program. Each time we meet, you will receive a packet of handouts for each manual. You will also need to purchase the following books as they are required for homework and reference:
- The Yoga Sutras as translated by Satchidananda.
- The Breathing Book by Donna Farhi
- Yoga the Iyengar Way by Mehta
- The Key Muscles of Yoga, Volume 1 by Ray Long
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff
- Living Non-Violent Communication: Practical Tools to Connect and Communicate in Every Situation by Marshall Rosenberg
These books are easily found at online booksellers such as usedbooks.com, amazon.com or albiris.com.
This program meets all Yoga Alliance requirements for a level 1, 200-hour program. Each session is well balanced between movement and receiving information with inquiries for teaching, communicating and practicing.
It is necessary to attend all weekend workshops so to accrue the mandatory hours as determined by Yoga Alliance. If you miss a weekend, you will need to make up those hours in another weekend session with Jenn.
Upon application, there is an Ethics and Financial Agreement shared that explains requirements and expectations. These help to create clarity around financial obligations, understanding of Jenn’s role as director of this program, inclement weather, and more.
Topics covered throughout the program include:
Through group lecture and group sharing we will discuss how the fundamental philosophical aspects of yoga and their life applications occurs for you. While this is not group therapy, it definitely has a therapeutic effect in the ways in which we digest and apply these concepts.
- Alignment, props, and modifications for asana
- The four outer limbs & the four inner limbs – the 8 limb system
- Breathing techniques for asana, stress, relaxation and preparation for meditation
- Eastern and western anatomy
- Communication and teaching skills
- Emotional integration
- Embodied Awareness
- Mantra and mudra
We will meet over the course of 15-20 weekend workshops every 5 weeks.
This is an extended program.
2020 dates, times, fees, etc TBA
Jenn Brooks Yoga
947 Main Street – downtown Barboursville
Contact Jenn for more details: (304) 638-9608