Welcome to the Well Lived Life Foundational Yoga Training Program.
NOTE: The program just started. For a VERY LIMITED time, I will accept late sign-ups with some conditions. Message me for any sincere considerations.
Has yoga enhanced your life and left you wanting to dive in deeper? If so, this is the program you’ve been waiting for. A program where you will cultivate your own personal yoga and meditation practice and simultaneously learn to teach new yoga students. During this process, you will feel empowered, find your teaching style and learn how to connect deeply with others. This may lead you to share yoga in your community, or with your friends and family. Becoming a great teacher is difficult – it needs your dedication and hard work. If you are up for it, continue reading.
Foundational yoga teacher training programs generally are 200 hours, which is the minimum requirement by Yoga Alliance. This unique program is 250+ hours long and scheduled over the course of two full years. In order to be an effective and skillful teacher, a student must have a solid personal yoga practice and that is where we start. We will build healthy habits each month to culminate into a personal practice that feels like home to you. Founder and lead trainer, Jenn Brooks, will be your teacher throughout the entire two years and 250 hours. Upon completion of the minimum hour requirements, homework completed and passing of tests, and teaching practicum, you will be eligible for a certificate of completion.
The main objectives of this program are:
- to dive deeply into your life using the teachings of yoga to understand and possibly unwind adaptive patterns in order to gain more clarity and awareness
- to cultivate a solid dinacharya practice, daily lifestyle rituals, that support your personal yoga and meditation practice
- to understand how the physical structure and the subtle anatomy affect the nervous system and be able to apply that knowledge to create classes that prepare students for meditation practice
- to cultivate your own personal yoga practice and learn to teach a gentle, accessible and restorative yoga to people new to yoga practice
- to understand how to use yoga props, learn to verbally cue and instruct students, apply safe touch with permission in order to cultivate a safe and restorative yoga experience
Through discussion, reading, lecture, demonstration and experiential practice, we will discover how this ancient practice is relevant more than ever in our modern world. Topics covered throughout the program include:
- The 8 Limbs of Yoga as organized by Patanjali
- Functional anatomy for yoga practitioners (western anatomy)
- The subtle energy body (eastern anatomy)
- Communication and teaching skills
- How to access and live from your most authentic essence
- How to begin to teach from your most authentic essence
- Ethics and Code of Conduct for yoga teachers
- How to create dynamic yoga classes that inspire students
- How to teach students very new to yoga
- How to teach students accessible yoga
- How to teach a gentle yoga practice
- How to teach a restorative yoga practice
- How to teach a chair yoga practice
- How and when to teach pranayama, breathing practices
- How to teach meditation practices
- How to communicate in a compassionate way without blame or projection
- How to create a yoga business
- Dinacharya practice that solidifies your yoga lifestyle and commitment to your own yoga journey
You will receive a binder at the beginning of the program and each Module Weekend, you will receive handouts that create your supplemental teaching manual. In addition, we will use these books as our manuals and these are required. Reading assignments will be assigned from each book every Module Weekend (12 total Modules).
- *YogaBody by Judith Hanson Lasater, PhD, PT
- *30 Essential Yoga Poses by Judith Hanson Lasater, PhD, PT
- *The Breathing Book by Donna Farhi
- *Teaching Yoga by Mark Stephens
- *The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali translated by Sri Swami Satchidananda
- The Presence Process by Michael Brown
These books are easily found at online booksellers. I’ve included links to Amazon but you can find used books at many online retailers, including Amazon.
*I highly recommend physical books versus online versions as you will need to be able to quickly reference pages. You may want both versions if you prefer to digest information via an online format.
This program meets all Yoga Alliance requirements for a foundational 200-hour program. Each session is well balanced between experiential practice and receiving teachings along with inquiries for teaching, communicating and practicing.
Upon application, there is an Ethics and Financial Agreement that explains requirements and expectations. These help to create clarity around financial obligations, understanding of my role as director of this program, inclement weather, and more.
Module 1: January 10, 11, 12, 24, February 7, 21
Module 2: March 6, 7, 8, 20, April 3, 17
Module 3: May 1, 2, 3, 22, June 5, 19
Module 4: July 10, 11, 12, 24, August 7, 21
Module 5: September 4, 5, 6, 18, October 2, 16
Module 6: November 6, 7, 8, 20, December 4, 18
Module 7: January 8, 9, 10, 22, February 12, 26
Module 8: March 12, 13, 14, 26, April 9, 23
Module 9: May 7, 8, 9, 21, June 4, 18
Module 10: July 9, 10, 11, 23, August 6, 20
Module 11: September 3, 4, 5, 17, October 1, 15
Module 12: October 29, November 12, December 3, 10, 11, 12 (ceremony)
All Fridays 5:30-8:30pm with 30 minute break.
All Saturdays & Sundays 10am to 5pm with two breaks, 60 minutes and 30 minutes.
Note that the schedule is subject to change due to inclement weather and unforeseen circumstances. Alternate dates will be offered.
The 2 year program fee is $2,500.00.
To apply for this training, start with a completed application and $100 non-refundable application fee for consideration in this unique lifestyle and training program. Upon approval, your first installment is due within 14 days to secure your spot in the training and then 5 additional installments as scheduled below. Your first installment is non-refundable unless there is a wait list and someone takes your spot.
To apply, message Jenn for the application at HuntingtonYoga@gmail.com. Or download here.
6 payments of $400
1st installment due upon approval of application and within 14 days or November 1, 2019, whichever comes first to secure your spot. Then 5 remaining payment due dates:
February 1, 2020
June 1, 2020
October 1, 2020
February 1, 2021
June 1, 2021
Jenn Brooks Yoga
947 Main Street – village of Barboursville, West Virginia
Contact Jenn for questions: (304) 638-9608
Jenn Brooks, ERYT-500: In the yoga I share, I teach others how to find and use their own tools such as awareness of movement, breath, sensation and thought to move beyond this denser place of mental clutter, belief, judgment and opinion to a deeper, more peaceful and lighter sense of ‘I’. It is from this place where we learn to navigate through our personal selves in a more authentic way, birthing our ‘Yes’, and generously sharing this authenticity in our community.
The Well Lived Life Yoga Teacher Training Program is an approval Yoga Alliance RYS-200 (Registered Yoga School). Upon completion of the minimum hour requirements, homework completed and passing of tests, and teaching practicum, you will be eligible for a certificate of completion and application to the Yoga Alliance for the Registered Yoga Teacher RYT-200 authorization.