Skip to content
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- ½ cup basmati rice
- 4 cups whole organic A2 milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 25 drops (to taste) SweetLeaf Valencia Orange flavored sweetener
- Toasted coconut
- Rinse the rice and soak in water for 2-3 hours.
- Drain the rice and on medium heat saute in the ghee for 3-4 minutes, until fragrant and slightly translucent.
- Add the cardamom.
- Slowly add the milk about 1/2 cup at a time, continuously stirring.
- Lower heat and boil slowly for 30 minutes or more until the mixture reaches a slightly thick consistency, but you can stir it easily.
- It will thicken a little more when you let it cool.
- Garnish with toasted coconut.